I’ll admit that I’ve been known to blame a heartbreaking loss on my choice of t-shirt or viewing location. Superstitions aside, fans can’t control whether their team wins or loses, but we can control what and how much we eat.
Instead of the standard football fare, like wings, nachos, take-out pizza and artery-clogging dips, I recommend you try one of these healthier substitutions:
- Chips and/or vegetables with guacamole
- Seriously delicious spinach dip
- Pita and/or vegetables with hummus
- Homemade pizza with fresh vegetables and less cheese
- Crostini with fresh tomato salad
- Your favorite dip made with plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream
You might also consider writing down everything you eat and focusing on chewing your food well and eating slowly. These behaviors help us eat less and improve overall digestion.