Now, if only vegetables grew in perfect 1-cup servings… But, seriously, who wants to think of vegetables in terms of cups?
That’s why I love Dr. Robynne Chutkan’s 1-2-3 Rule.
Here are a few suggestions to help you follow the 1-2-3 Rule:
- Add a handful of spinach or kale to a smoothie
- Scramble eggs with diced vegetables
- Substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti
- Snack on kale chips
- Pile roasted red peppers and greens on your sandwich
- Choose a veggie or portabello burger in place of a beef burger
- Replace the pasta in soup recipes with vegetables
- Add a medley of frozen vegetables to pasta while it’s cooking
- Build your meals around what vegetables are in season
For more tips, especially for people with active GI issues, then check out my previous post: “How to eat plant foods in spite of GI issues.”