Omit the garlic for a low FODMAP dish.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, green part only
- 1 cup basil leaves, cut into chiffonade (long thin strips)
- Freshly ground pepper
Combine the tomatoes in a bowl with oil, vinegar, minced garlic, chives, and basil. Salt and pepper generously and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Eat by itself or spoon the tomato and herb mixture evenly over slices of baguette or crostini. Drizzle a little of the marinade over top. Serve immediately.