Let’s face it, intestinal gas literally and figuratively stinks. Gas can contribute to a sense of bloating, belching, abdominal cramps, and flatulence.
Fortunately, there are ways to manage it.
- Chew your food well and eat slowly
- Avoid straws
- Don’t chew gum
- Avoid carbonated beverages, like soda, beer and seltzer
- Limit your intake of FODMAPs
- Eat less sugar
- Limit your intake of animal fats
- Don’t talk with your mouth full
- Talk to a knowledgeable health care provider about probiotics